Sunday, September 11, 2011

We Will Never Forget

Do you remember where you were on that September day in 2001?  I do.  I had the day off and I was in bed. Chris called me and said to turn on the TV; that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center.  At that time, we did not know that America had been attacked. 
I turned on the TV and within seconds I witnessed, along with the rest of the world, the second plane crashing into the second tower.  And then planes at the Pentagon and in Pennsylvania
 I didn't know what to think, what to say or how to act.  I became glued to the television. 
I prayed and I cried. 

I wanted to hug my sons and never let them go.  I wanted to protect them from this devastating, senseless tragedy.  My oldest son, Christopher, had graduated from high school that previous June and talked about enlisting in the Marine Corp to go and fight for our country.  I was proud that we wanted to serve the United States of America, but scared.  In the end, he didn't enlist, but I know that he would have made an awesome Marine.

America as we knew it was changed forever that day, but we all came together, fought, and made it through because we are Americans.  We are survivors.  We are strong.

As we remember the people who lost their lives and the fallen heros who rushed to their rescue, let us also remember the families they left behind and let us pray for them
today and everyday.


"Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident." - Psalm 27:3

GOD is always in control. Let us never forget those who lost their lives on 9/11/01.

No comments:

Post a Comment