Friday, September 2, 2011

September is Here!

Wow! It seems like just yesterday that it was the beginning of summer! Where have the days gone!?  We've had a great summer with lots of travel, gardening, sewing, cycling, bbq'ing, and playing with the grandson, but I know that cooler temperatures and shorter days are just around the corner.  It's time to start thinking about the holdiays, getting the yards ready for fall and winter, and ordering wood for our fireplace insert.  It's our main source of heat during the cold winter months.  I know you are thinking "hello....you live in California..."  but lemme tell you - it can get mighty cold here in the winter!


It's also "National Sewing Month".  I have lots of things planned - some for Christmas gifts and some just for fun.  I'll share them as they are completed.  What are your sewing plans for the month?

Happy Friday, Happy Labor Day and Three Day Weekend, Happy Family Time,
Happy September!
Be safe! 
Life is Good!

3 comments:

  1. Your summer went so fast becasue you were always on vaca!! LOL
    My weekend plans got blown with the hubs work schedule changing and him having a root canal...today... and his truck in the shop. Soooo my two days away with the hubs will have to wait....teens at home...without me to supervise.....can I handle it??
    Happy Sewing month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting a new quilt today and I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am that my machine is back after a week away to be serviced!!! YippiEEE :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly September is back to school time for me so very little sewing will be done, but I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete