Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Charmed, I'm Sure

I recently decided that I wasn't going to participate in any more swaps. They can be time-consuming and stressful trying to make sure the package you send is perfect and awesome and won't get tossed out or donated and what you receive can also be a disappointment after you've worked so hard on yours. I haven't been disappointed yet, so I'm going to stop while I'm ahead! I would rather create something for someone that I care about and know they will love.

But because I was tortured, forced, had my arm twisted behind my back, invited and encouraged by my good blogger friends, Karen and Amy, I thought this swap would be fun and I jumped on the bandwagon.  And NO sewing involved at all!  How easy peasy will it be?!

Along with 56 other women from around the country and internationally, I will be swapping 5" fabric squares cut from 2 yards of Christmas fabric (56 squares from 1yard each of 2 different fabrics).  In return I will receive 112 - 5" charm squares of different Christmas prints!  I love Christmas fabric so I am really looking forward to all that yummy goodness coming my way.  Charm squares are a fun way to incorporate lots of different fabrics into your designs very inexpensively.  I made my recent Halloweenie table runner with 5" charm squares.  I already have a few projects spinning around in my head for some fun Christmas stuff - mug rugs, table runner, maybe even new stockings for the family and grands....who knows!  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah....sure....we twisted your arm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear I heard her yelps of pain...more like yelps of woo hooo more fabric. LOL

    ReplyDelete