Saturday, August 6, 2011

Crafty Chicas

Last weekend I went to Long Beach with my friend Regena and we met (finally) two of our most favorite blog buddies ever - Amy and Karen!  We had a grand time.  Both of them were absolutely wonderful, over-the-top hostessess.  We ate and talked and ate and sewed and ate and went to the International Quilt Show in Long Beach and did I mention that we.....ate!  Had scrum-dilly-icious meals for four - count em' - FOUR days!  Here are a few of the highlights of a most fab weekend that will definately need to be repeated!

This is M&L Fabrics - the biggest fabric store I have ever seen.  We spent about 2.5 hours here.  Lots of bargains and wonderful, beautiful fabrics.  These pictures only show a portion of the store.
Regena in fabric heaven and Amy and Karen.

At the Quilt Show: Karen, Regena, Me and Amy

My purchases.  Shhhh....don't tell Chris... :o)

A beautiful pansy quilt that was over the top beautiful

I Love Cows and this was one of my favorite quilts.

My husband is an avid cyclist so I had to take a picture of this quilt for him. It's hard to see, but there were tires quilted in the dark border of this quilt.


One of my favorite booths. The fabrics were fun and bright and cheerful.

The quilts were beautiful and amazing and it's so awesome how these works of art are created with fabric and thread and stitches.

Sewing lots of fun projects

 Regena and Amy making fried chicken, homemade biscuits and mashed potatoes and gravy. YUMMO!

I bought this beautiful fabric and turned it into......

...a little zipper pouch to hold my crochet hooks. If you want to make one, pop on over to Karen's blog - sew much 2 luv - and check out the tutorial.  It's super easy peasy.

and an awesome ginormous sewing tote bag!

With pockets on the inside.  I love this bag! I am going to use it mostly to tote my cross-stitch projects to and from wherever I take them.  Thanks Karen for the pattern!

We all had an amazing time. It was fun to finally meet these terrific women and I know that I have sisters for life. 
Thank you again Karen and Amy for a wonderful weekend! You are the best!

4 comments:

  1. It was totally awesome!! Amy has already set us the quilt dates!! Guess she can handle us again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys had a great time together! I knew you would and love seeing all of the pictures and hearing the stories. When is the next visit scheduled?

    ReplyDelete
  3. DENISE!!!Sorry forgot to take caps off! But I need the caps for my THANK YOU!!!!!!! I just got my package and as soon as my mom is gone and I can get pictures(this week) I am going to post a proper thank you with pictures. But I wanted to tell you as soon as I could that I LOVE LOVE LOVE my box of goodies and apron!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing quilts and fabric shop! Thanks so much for leaving such a kind comment on my blog today -- I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete