Wednesday, July 27, 2011

On The Road Again!

But this time I’m hittin’ the road not with my wonderful husband, but with my friend, blogger buddy, sewing buddy and partner-in-crime, Regena. We’re heading to SoCal and the Long Beach International Quilt Show.  My husband and sons said that this sounds about as much fun as watching paint dry.   I’ve never been to a quilt show.  In fact I’ve the only thing I have ever quilted are a few mug rugs…so this will be another new adventure!  I can’t wait!
However, the most important part of our trip will be meeting for the first time two other blogger buddies – Karen and Amy.  We “met” each other through the blog-o-sphere and apron swap-o-sphere and have become fast friends. We each have so much in common it’s scary. We’ve chatted, sewn, eaten, vented and swapped with each other through our blogs and “Crafty Chicas” on Facebook. We’ve waited for new grandbabies with Karen and traveled with Amy on business trips.  We’ve consoled Regena during “teenage daughter woes” and they have all given me much needed sewing advice and inspiration! We each share a love for GOD, sewing, crafting, food and family.  
This weekend will be full of eating, laughing, talking, sewing and shopping! 
SoCal Watch Out!  The Crafty Chicas are on the loose!

2 comments:

  1. Well said my friend :) You made me get all misty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no water works!!! not allowed!!!

    ReplyDelete