Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happy Birthday.....


....to Me! Yesterday was my 49th birthday.  I had a great day.  I started with a great karate workout, had a manicure and pedicure and ended the day with a wonderful dinner with my husband and sons.
Wow! 49! I can't believe that I will be 50 years old next year!  My boys call me old.  I don't feel that old....except for the little 'snap, crackle and pop' that happen when I get up from a sitting position and the occasional sleepless, menopausal night.  I remember when I was little and I thought 50 was soooo old! Ha! I'm not old...I'm just getting started! 
I am definitely NOT one of those "oh birthdays are just another day" kinda girls...no way, no how...bring it on baby!  I celebrate by birthday month, pre-week, post week and every day in between!  This year Chris made his screamin' delicious spaghetti sauce, salad, garlic bread and vanilla ice cream with strawberries for my birthday dinner and my boys were with me too.  My parents are out of town, so I will celebrate with them and my sisters next week.  (see? post week celebration!)  AND Chris also bought me a brand new Janome sewing machine!  yay me! It's beautiful and I can't wait to create wonderful new things with it!  My boys gave me gift cards (including one for Joann's) and I received beautiful presents from wonderful friends!  Thanks Regena and Karen!

Chris and I had gone camping on June 6th and returned home on June 10th.  We went to Olema and Pt. Reyes along the California coast and had a great, relaxing time but I wanted to be home to celebrate my birthday with my boys.  I have spent my past birthdays in various parts of the country and world - Disneyland, Germany, Texas, Florida and various other places in California - and my family has always made my day special.
 
Disneyland 2005

Gualala 2010
 Thank you GOD for another year of life and health and happiness!  I can't wait to see what adventures I have this year!  Bring em' on!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to spend your birthday and you are truely blessed to have such a loving family :) Happy Birthday my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! It sounds like a great way to celebrate. I'm with you I use to think that even 40 sounded old but now I know it's not. You're only as old as you feel. I hope you enjoy your birthday month!

    ReplyDelete