Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


Graduation-1958

I have a fantastic, beautiful Mother.  Her name is Carole and she was born on December 28th, during the last century or so.  She has been a Nurse for 50 years and a mother to me for 48 of those years.  She is my friend, my confidant, my role model, someone who will listen to me vent, my babysitter, my seamstress, my driving instructor, my Barbie doll clothes maker, my camping partner, my inspiration and always there with a shoulder if I need it.  She has also been my teacher, my nurse, my cook and even my banker on more than one occasion.  We have eaten ice cream, See's candy and popcorn for dinner.  We have gone to Weight Watchers together and after the meetings went to Taco Bell.  We have made Christmas cookies, Biscotti, peanut brittle, Chocolate Fandangos, and numerous holiday dinners together. She loves being Grammies to my sons and grandson – her first great-grandson.  And we've laughed until we've cried. 
Yosemite 2008
 
When I was a single mom, we took my son David to Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, San Diego Zoo, Universal Studios and Laguna Beach when he was 4 years old. 
We have hiked to Vernal Falls in Yosemite and along railroad tracks to waterfalls in Dunsmuir. We have both been in Job's Daughters and Girl Scouts. We have gone to Antique Shows and lugged trunks, Fiesta dinnerware, linens, and other people's junk back to our car. 

 
 In the past two years or so, she, my dad, Chris, and I have traveled together.  We each own a travel trailer.  We have been to Dunsmuir, Mammoth Lakes, Mt. Lassen, and Tower Park and next week we are going to Pismo Beach and Solvang and plan to visit Hearst Castle.  We are both learning to fly fish and tool around in our pontoon boats. We've watched bats and sloshed through snow.
And we both drive my dad and Chris crazy!

Tim's Graduation 2004

Christopher Paul III  - 2008



Calli & Grammies Fishing

Singing Happy Birthday to Me 6/2010


Happy Mother's Day to the most wonderful woman in the world.  Thank you for being my mother and my friend.  I appreciate everything you do for us.  I LOVE YOU!


Mammoth Lakes - August 2010



2 comments:

  1. Happy mother's day denise and mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post and a beautiful relationship! :)

    ReplyDelete