Friday, February 11, 2011

Oh Scrap!

Lori, ME, Debra
I'm headed to a 3-day scrapbook retreat on February 18th and I need to start to get my "supplies" together. I should have started weeks ago.  Now mind you I have no shortage of supplies. In fact, I am lucky to have one entire room that's supposed to be my "Scrapbook Room"; however, we recently had 2 of our sons briefly move back home at the same time, each for a month or so, and they needed to move back into their old room.  So MY room turned into a storage room of sorts.

In addition to my wonderfully colorful albums, papers, stickers, ribbons etc., it currently contains my husband's blow-up pontoon fishing boat (thankfully deflated and in its bag), 3 chairs, a dresser, my grandson's toys, clothes that need to go to the Goodwill, items that need to be returned to our trailer for next camping season and various other non-essential scrapbook items.  My husband now refers to the room as my "Non-Scrapbook Room."

The retreat will be held at the Citizen Hotel in beautiful downtown Sacramento. It's a lovely location. My youngest sister Debra will be my scrap partner, along with about 25 other scrappy ladies. Our other sister, Lori, can't attend this year and we are major bummed. Our parents even buy us matching flannel jammies for Christmas every year so we can wear them during the retreat! As you can see from last year's picture, we look pretty cute - thank you very much! Maybe next year I can find some scrapbook themed material and make us some scrappin' jamms....hmmmm....

I still haven't decided on my scrapping project. Will it be our recent trip to Okinawa? My grandson this past Halloween and Christmas?  Finish the Disneyland at Christmas 2009 album?  Karate? My parents heritage book? A little of all of these? It will probably be a little of everything.  I always take a variety of things in case I hit a creative road-block or get bored with one thing. And what does this mean? I NEED TO TAKE WAAYY TOO MUCH STUFF! I drive a Chevy Tahoe and the entire back is usually filled with all the stuff Debra and I take.  We have a TON of stuff.  It's crazy and my hubby just shakes his head when I ask him to help me load everything into the truck.

So...I will begin the packing process this weekend and hopefully be totally packed the night before I leave.  It's going to take me the next week to find and get my stuff together! If only I didn't have to go to my day job.....*sigh*....

5 comments:

  1. I'm thinking that a loverly karate book of my child would be great. Or maybe a g-ma book for my mil? Or start an swapping book.

    what kind of dresser?? how big?? wanna get rid of it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think way too much missy! But we can work on a book once I get my room back!
    Dresser is 6-feet long with 9 drawers. center 3 drawers are smaller than outside 6 drawers. and yes I want to get rid of it. It belonged to the boys so it's not is super great condition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yepper. I'll take a picture of it tonight and send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to bust out my scrap supplies pretty soon too. I always take "a few things" along to our family retreat at the end of Feb. My daughter calls my scraproom "the store" :)

    ReplyDelete