Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm in big trouble.....

So the other day on my way home from work, I took a side trip to Joann's "just to have a look around."  I haven't looked at fabric or notions for a long time and I wanted to see what was out there and get some fabric ideas for this apron swap.  I loved roaming the aisles and seeing all the wonderful, bright, yummy fabrics, trims and ribbons.  I love the feel of the fleece and flannel and velvets.  And....$40 later!...I came home with just a few things I couldn't manage to live without.

Two little fabric bundles (I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with them.  I just thought they were cute all bundled up and tied with a ribbon), two garden gnomes for my hubby to put in his garden.  They have absolutely nothing to do with sewing or this swap, but they were 30% off and Chris likes the freaky little fellows...Quite honestly they give me the willies.  I think they come alive at night and plant the weeds that appear in the garden.  Two checkered tablecloths - which we'll actually use this summer when we camp.  Red is my fave color and I love checks and dots.  A skein of yarn to crochet a scarf for a gift and of course I couldn't leave without the "green" Joann's shopping bag.  I don't need another tote...I have a gazillion of them...but I'm a sucker for totes.  I love them.

Did I get any ideas for an apron?  A few.  Did I find fabric that had me thinking of a million things I could do with it?  Of course!  Like I said....I'm in big trouble....

2 comments:

  1. LOvin the gnomes and love that tote! I'm on my way to JoAnn's right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahahahaahha

    I know someone who wears scarves ALL thee time. And she has a birthday commin' up. Just sayin....

    ReplyDelete